CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Plan B, Chapter 8

We met with Lora again to finalize the options and colors for our future home. We kept most everything the same except for adding a 50-gallon water tank (instead of the standard 40-gallon) and I changed my tile and countertop choices for the kitchen and bathrooms. For the countertops of all three, I chose a very pretty medium beige textured style called "Parchment" which will go great with my plans for a red and cream kitchen as well as my color choices for the bathrooms. Both the kitchen and master bath will have a medum sage tile with a sort of rust marbling in it. For the second bath, I chose a beige tile which is almost the same tone as the countertops. This will permit me to introduce more color in the towels and accessories against the neutral backdrop, since I already purchased navy towels and navy/burgundy/cream lighthouse-themed accessories for that bath.

I am so relieved that we are moving ahead in faith with making this home a reality. For something as major as this that we both have awaited for decades, it is crucial to get it right, and I know that this is the right choice. The next step is to get our septic approved and work on getting the necessary permits, and Rex will work on that in the coming week. With rainy season already upon us, we hope to be able to get everything resolved as soon as humanly possible - and of course, with the help of our God who led us to our home and will provide the way for it to be ours soon. I really believe that now, more than ever.