I haven't posted an update for several weeks because, even though things seemed really certain this time, there have been sooo many false starts, combined with a lifetime of waiting, that I just wanted to be at least 90% sure things were truly progressing this time. Can you blame me? Well, my husband has been working diligently on the site prep, to where we were able to have our septic inspected two days ago, and it was approved. Today he is at our county offices applying for the permits we need. I guess that will take a couple weeks for us to hear back about that. If all goes well there, then we can apply for our financing. The game plan is to have our bee-yoo-tee-ful home on our property (and have the old dump trashed; good riddance) by Sept. -- that's NEXT MONTH. (Somebody pinch me.......) There's still a part of me that says "I'll believe it when I see it". But it does appear things are progressing, and it appears promising enough at this point that I registered for a few housewarming items at Bed, Bath & Beyond (registry #2424682) and have a wish list at Amazon consisting of some Fiestaware (love the stuff and always wanted some) serving pieces in the color Cinnabar. Here is a picture of my beautiful new cookware that I just won on eBay:

It's the same cookware I was eyeing on the Bed, Bath & Beyond site, but I got it on eBay for just over half the price BBB wanted. I have my dishes, my flatware, my red stand mixer, a burgundy bedspread with matching pillow shams, a set of that cool new bendable silicone bakeware (in red, of course), most of the towels for the navy bathroom, a few of the towels for the sage bathroom, two sets of bathroom accessories, some afghans and doilies I've crocheted (will have pics of some of them soon on the crochet section of evergreenrefuge.org) and various other items I bought along the way. So the rest of what I need is pretty much on the two above registeries. (I technically don't NEED new red his & hers coffeepots, but I want them. The existing old white ones will clash with my pretty new kitchen!
Soooo..... I hope in the coming weeks, that I will be able to post in this looooong-awaited home planning chronicle, pictures of MY HOUSE (pinch me again....). Stay tuned.....
