I feel just a little guilty. And more than a little obsessed. It's hard for me to think of anything else nowadays besides my pretty little house and the way I want to decorate it. Compared to the cluttered and rundown living environment I've had to endure for so many years, I guess it's easy to understand. But the guilt part comes from not only finding it hard to concentrate at my job (where concentration is definitely required) but also not wanting to differentiate between things we NEED for the new place and things we WANT. And I suppose I am really getting ahead of myself, since our financing isn't even officially approved just yet. But I can't help myself. I really want to start fresh with all new dishes, cookware, towels, bedding, bath accessories, and even flatware -- though we don't NEED new flatware. I suppose the stuff we have been using is perfectly fine. I felt that way till I was in Macy's at lunchtime the other day and found "Sheraton" by Oneida. (With flatware, it's really important to not only see it in person but hold it in your hand and love the way it feels.) It was the same type of "this is just right" feeling that I had when I walked in our model house almost two weeks ago. Told by the nice sales clerk that it retailed for $90 a place setting, undaunted, I proceeded to duck into good old eBay after lunch and found it for MUCH less. I also found the serving pieces at discounted prices and proceeded to buy a gravy ladle, serving spoon, slotted serving spoon and serving fork. AND I placed a bid on 8 place settings. I also have ordered the following goodies so far this week: a burgundy bedspread and pillow shams, an oak quilt rack (for displaying three of my crocheted afghans), a red stand mixer, a set of three red casseroles, two red and cream gingham appliance covers, navy blue towels for the second bath, and sets of bath accessories (wastebasket, tumbler, soap dispenser, toilet brush holder) for both bathrooms from a nice eBay seller who I have had a friendly E-mail correspondence with the past two days. I plan to register with bedbathandbeyond.com (they actually have a housewarming registry) for some other stuff and was going to include the bath accessories there, but it is so much more economical to buy them on eBay. I also found out about the wish list on froogle.google.com and will include some stuff there when I have an idea of the target date our HOUSE will be here. (I don't want any of my cyber friends to feel obligated; the list will be more for my record keeping of what I have already and what I still want/need, and if I end up needing to pick up most of it myself on eBay, that's what I'll do.) It's just that I have been waiting SO long to have a modest but pretty little place to call my own and have room to fix up a bit, that it's hard not to be obsessed with the idea now that it looks like it's finally almost here!! So forgive me if I appear just slightly materialistic right now. I'll get over it as soon as I am surrounded daily by my burgundy, sage and cream (with navy and peach accents...) rooms........
