Two days ago was a big day. It was so big that I'm finally coming down to earth enough to record it on this blog. No, we are not in our house yet (though we did get to go inside for the first time in many months), but we signed on the (many) dotted lines. I learned a couple weeks earlier that we apparently were finally approved, and that it would also be a one-part loan instead of two which will help with the closing costs. But I still didn't let myself entirely believe it till we were there on Feb. 20, in the title office with the lender, signing a myriad of papers. Afterwards, we went to the sales office and visited OUR HOUSE. So........the last big hurdle seems to have been crossed in my dream at long last becoming real. I trust the time can now be counted in weeks, and then, days. Now, what we are mainly waiting for is the schedule of the man who will be coming to excavate the area (on the other side of the front of our acreage from where our current dump is) and generally prepare the land for OUR HOUSE, and then there is the weather. The 2-1/2 solid months of wind, snow, ice, rain, and more wind are thankfully behind us, but it is still winter and still unpredictable and prone to storms. This could also further back up our construction man's schedule if he has other anxious homeowners-to-be waiting. I've waited this long and can wait a few more weeks. I just pray that's all it is. This whole process has dragged out soooooo much longer than we could have imagined. But glory to God, it appears to be finally almost over. Our new payments begin April 1 and will be a challenge, but hubby did have his best sales week last week that he's had at this job (or any job for quite some time). If he can keep that up or close to it, we will be OK. I hope whoever reads this will be praying that will be the case. This lovely triplewide home with the open space I have longed for, for what feels like forever, is where we belong, and I trust God will provide the means that it will remain our home for life. I expect to be posting updates more often now that the finance hurdle has finally been crossed, so come back soon. MY HOUSE WILL TRULY BE MINE SOON; I finally can say that now..........
