CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 16, 2007

Timeline Taking Shape!!

It's amazing to FINALLY have enough happening in this whole process that I can post updates on consecutive days! The concrete wasn't poured yet today as I hoped -- however, the crew was here and -- sorry, I don't know the technical terms for any of this -- measured and installed the wooden "forms" into the site where the concrete will go. I'll post a couple of pics of this stage when my roll is developed. It's hard to explain but anyone who's had a manufactured home installed will understand. It's like four large wooden oblongs in the ground that the concrete will be poured into, and then gravel gets put in around them. Then the concrete has to dry for at least three days. So the current timeline looks like: Monday the 19th or Tuesday the 20th - concrete to be poured, with OUR HOUSE due to be delivered hopefully A WEEK FROM TODAY. We still won't be able to live in it for at least a couple of weeks thereafter till various things are done -- the plumbing, wiring, carpeting, just to name a few. But it will soon be HERE and I will be able to look out my window at it instead of thinking about it sitting there waiting all these months, six miles away. At long, LONG last, the fact is that I can start counting down days to remain in this toxic, forlorn tin can instead of unknown numbers of years, months, weeks. Thank you, God!!! More soon.......