Today after work, I got to go inside OUR HOUSE for the first time since it was moved onto our acreage. The sections have been attached together and the electricity was turned on today, since the workmen will need it on in order to do the remaining work they need to do. (This meant the electricity had to be turned off on the stove here in our old dump. I can microwave most of the stuff I eat, but I'll need to crawl -- see below -- into my new home if I crave eggs or spaghetti the next couple of weeks.) The steps and skirting have not been attached yet, since the bottom needs to be left open to allow access for the remaining hookups such as water and cable. So to get in, I had to step on a large stone and then get my one leg in, sit down and then stand up. I probably could have navigated the large step if I was younger and in much better shape. It was a painful reminder of how desperately I need to get restarted losing this weight (as if I'm not reminded every moment anyway). The place will look SO sweet once the plaster work is done and the carpeting is laid. I will try to take a few pictures of the current stage to finish up the roll so I can get them developed and posted here!!!
