CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Well.....LOOKY Here!!!!

Since I posted last, the water has been turned on in our home, and a fellow was here for 3 days and 2 nights this week completing the considerable plaster/drywall work. The 2 nights were because the fellow apparently came from Oregon, so he asked to stay on our property in his truck rather than go to a hotel each night. This was fine with us, except that the dogs could sense someone was on "their" territory even though the fellow was very quiet. So it was bark, bark, bark, bark much of both nights; I just hope the guy got some sleep. I ended up parking in my recliner in the living room, since that was quieter than Jesse (who we keep indoors since he's a fence jumper) yelling in my ear in the bedroom! (Jesse, pal, I love you, but you will not set foot, I mean paw, in my nice new master bedroom! You and your pretty white shedding fur, dander, and loud bark will take up residence in the utility room or in your "dad's" room/office....)

Next, the carpeting will be installed. It looks like we will be able to move in within a couple of weeks! Today is our wedding anniversary, so this will be quite a belated anniversary present to say the least. Following are the very first pics I took of the site before our home was delivered, the site with the concrete blocks installed, our home before the three sections were put together, and our home put together. The pics are OK, but I'm never going to use one of those disposable cameras again. It cost over $14 to get the roll developed! If I have to use a film camera, I'd sooner use a standard camera and send the film to Snapfish which costs less than half as much. Oh well, live and learn. And (drumroll, please), here are the PICS!!



The two pics above are the excavated site before the concrete was laid.


The two pics above are the site with the blocks (or whatever you call the concrete thingies the house sits on) installed.

The two pics above are our home before the sections were put together (each piece had to be delivered separately and joined when it was all here).

And..........here it is!!!!!!!!! It doesn't look very big in these pics, but it is a roomy 2,100 square feet. I've only been inside the one time since it was delivered. since it's hard to get in without the steps (that and the skirting will be the last step). What do you think -- should we paint the exterior light sage, cream, or pale yellow? All I know is, I am waiting to finally get inside and get my house set up! More pics and updates coming soon!!