We are not in our home yet -- but it now looks like it should be a matter of days. Hubby has continued to work at gradually getting our stuff (everything except last-minute everyday stuff) moved over, and he was able to get a couple more pieces of furniture at great prices from the large local variety store where he has two book booths. It's amazing how much stuff can be accumulated in 15 years in only 672 sq. ft. (especially with a hubby who's a packrat....). We had, and seem to have overcome, a couple of setbacks since I posted last. We failed an inspection due to our pump giving up the ghost after all these years. The pump was replaced last week and Rex reinstalled it himself, and that is supposed to be reinspected in the coming days. He was also unexpectedly let go from the full-time job he had been at only 4 weeks, when the company decided to send overseas what they hired him to do, to save a few bucks. I've had a lot of people praying he would find something else quickly, since we definitely need his full-time income now, and he will be starting next Monday (Memorial Day; they're open 7 days a week) helping out at an area dog kennel. This also means he can concentrate this week on getting the old dump emptied out and out of our lives, so we can get our occupancy permit!! Continued prayers and good thoughts that it will (FINALLY) be smooth sailing the rest of the way are always welcome. And I hope to have more pics of my house to post here soon! Between working full-time and moving stuff in after work and on weekends, I haven't even had the time to take more pics!
(By the way, regarding the cute new dishes I bought several months ago and posted a pic of waaaaay down on this page, hubby hasn't been able to find them! But I had already decided I wanted something with more of a cream background anyway. I found an incredible buy on eBay on a 52-piece set of a classic pattern, Franciscan Apple. The set even includes a gravy boat! I don't have a pic of the entire set, but all you have to do is Google "Franciscan Apple" to find dozens of pics of the pattern. This pattern has been around since 1940 and probably always will be, so it will also make it easy to add on or replace pieces!)
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Inching Forward...........
Posted by Anonymous at 12:43 PM
