CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

At Loooooooong Last!!!!!!!!!!

The day I truly thought would NEVER come. The day I will no longer have to look at my darling little house from inside the moldy, rundown dump we've been stuck in for over 15 years but can move myself in. The first night I will be sleeping in my bed in MY HOUSE!!!!!!!! All of our stuff is not moved in yet (for instance, my computer that I'm typing this on, but that will be moving over shortly) but the vast majority is -- everything in the main bedroom, all our clothes, just about everything that was in the kitchen except the refrigerator (which will be kept in the utility room as a 2nd refrigerator) and some old dishes, pots, etc. that are going to the thrift store.

This day would have actually happened over Memorial Day weekend which has just passed, but hubby and I were fighting colds for several days. His was at its worst Friday and Saturday, so he didn't feel up to doing any moving on those days, and I told him to keep his strength up since he was scheduled to start his new job yesterday. He felt better by Sunday, while I got worse. He left for work yesterday, and I initially panicked when I saw him drive back here 1/2 hour later. But he said, don't worry, my start date was moved to Wednesday, since the owner is boarding more dogs than usual because of the holiday and won't have time to train me till then. Phew!! And it worked out better since it gave him two full days to move things. In the meantime, I was mostly resting, hoping to feel well enough to go to work this a.m. But I didn't feel up to it, and I also didn't feel my coworkers would appreciate hearing my hacking cough every few minutes. The extra rest did help, and I felt well enough to bring the rest of my clothes into OUR HOUSE this afternoon.

I still can't believe this is really happening; that I will actually be sleeping in OUR HOUSE tonight. It was well into the 80s and muggy today, but it felt naturally air-conditioned in OUR HOUSE even though we don't have air conditioning, because of the excellent insulation. It will be incredible to be in there this coming weekend and set up my kitchen and my sitting room, etc. Thank you, God, for FINALLY making my dream a reality!!

Since the purpose of this blog was a home planning chronicle, and we are finally near the end of this arduous journey, I will soon stop posting on this particular blog (except for adding some updated pictures as soon as I can), but I also plan to start a new general purpose blog where I will post messages on whatever is significant to me at the time, including the crochet project(s) I am working on or have completed, happenings at church and work (my "day job" as well as my Watkins business), etc. I'm undecided at the moment as to whether that will be another blogger.com blog or at the blogging space provided at hisholyspace.com, a Christian alternative to "MySpace", where I have a page. I was leaning toward the latter but am now leaning toward the former. Whichever I decide, when I start my new blog, the URL will be listed here. Thanks to all who rooted, prayed and sent good thoughts toward my being able, at looooooong last, to having an (almost) completed section on my site entitled "My Dream Realized"!!