CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

It Really Is Happening..........!!!!!!!!!!

Last Thursday, with the gutters the only work to still be done, Dave brought our house keys over that evening and said we could start moving our stuff into our house!! So we began the process Friday after work and continued through most of the weekend. At this point most of our groceries, clothes, toiletries, my new bathroom towels and accessories, much of my new and existing kitchen stuff, my collection of sheep statues and the two tall curio cabinets they go in, a couple other pieces of furniture, most of my yarn and craft supplies, my exercise machines, one of my small bookshelves and its contents, and a few other miscellaneous things have been moved in. Yet, I look around and there is still SO much stuff left in here. That's what happens when you live in a place 15 years (and your husband is a packrat...). We will keep chipping away at it after work the next few nights, and then make a huge dent next weekend. Rex is going to call our pastor and see if he can suggest a man to come over and help move some of the bigger pieces of furniture (not that we have a ton of furniture in our current 672 sq. ft., but there are a few items like the secretary handed down from his folks that I would not be able to help him lift).

It's so totally night and day to walk into our darling house and then back into this dump. Our house has that new house smell (which hopefully will stay for awhile despite our dogs), is SO spacious, and the carpet is so clean and plush. I can't believe I will soon get to live there and what I've had to endure all these years will just be a bad memory. I want to take more pictures soon, having found the manual for another little film camera I'd set aside, but with the priority needed for moving our belongings in, I just haven't had the chance, but will soon!!